Yoga for Cyclists is back by popular demand! Join us on Tuesday evenings from 7:45-8:45 pm once each month this spring and summer. Learn how to use yoga to take care of your body, whether you like to ride around town, cruise the roads surrounding Harrisonburg or pedal miles and miles of our awesome local singletrack.
Please note the new day and time which lets you get in your post-work ride, grab a quick bite to eat AND come to yoga!
A great complement to cycling, yoga helps prevent and heal common cycling injuries, improves performance on a bike and reduces recovery time.
Each one-hour long class, taught by 11-time national cycling champion and former U.S. cycling national team member Sue George, will incorporate yoga postures for improving balance, building strength, increasing flexibility and developing better body and mind awareness.
The emphasis will be on increasing flexibility in the hips and legs, developing core strength, taking care of the low back, tending to the often neglected upper body and learning how to optimize recovery.
Drop in or use your regular class pass! Come to any single class or all of them. Pre-registration is encouraged, but optional.
- Sign up for Tuesday, April 25 – Hip Openers
- Sign up for Tuesday, May 30 – Leg Stretching (Quads, hamstrings & calves)
- Sign up for Tuesday, June 27 – Core, Back and Upper Body
- Sign up for Tuesday, July 25 – The Perfect Post-Ride Recovery Tool
- Sign up for Tuesday, August 29 – Putting It All Together: Our Favorite One-Hour Practice for Cyclists
Dates subject to change due to instructor travel. Please check our Mind Body Schedule to confirm dates ahead of your class.